Here's a tuff one.

darkserpant

In Runtime
I want to try and connect a home subwoofer I have that is serving no purpose, to my home computer. Those little subwoofers you get with the pc's don't cut it. Can I do this? The connection comming out of the computer is the jack that a portable cd player has to accept the headphones. Thanks

buy pc subwoofer or like 5.1 surround sound it owns tv ones but thats if your willing to spend like $600.

Yes you can. Basically, you are taking your home theater system and adding them to your PC.

The hardest part might be getting the PC close enough to the home theater system to connect the cables. To connect your PC and home theater, you need a cable with a 3.5mm male mini-jack connection on one end and stereo male RCA connectors on the other end. Connect the line out of the PC audio card to the mini-jack end of the cable. The RCA connectors attach to one of the open audio ports on the home theater system. To test the connection, turn on the receiver and switch it to the channel you just connected. Open a sound file on the PC and play a song. Adjust volume.

Little subwoofers for pc's?? let me tell you, I just bought a set of Logitech Z-2300 2.1 speakers, and the subwoofer is huge, they are loud and tons of bass. I'm very happy with them and I'd reccomend them to anyone.

ya no kidding i have a 5.1 set up, its 100 watts (sad i kno, lol) but the sub measures 1ft tall, 1.5 ft long, and 6 inch, width.

Back
Top Bottom