questions on sound!

wozelbeak

Daemon Poster
i have an asus p4p800s motherboard with a xcase, case.
the front audio conectors of the case consist of three wires, 1 yellow 1 white and one thick bare outer wire. now some time ago i had to put a join in the cable to enable it to reach the pins on the motherboard. it all worked well until yesterday when i removed them and forgot to make a note of which went where!!
the pins for front the front audio consist of:

1; mic2
2;agnd
3;micpwr
4;+5va
5;line_out_r
6;bline_out_r
7;nc
8;line_out_l
9;b_line_out

which three do i conect to?

also, i just got a soundblaster 7.1 live card.
its all set up, when i run the soundblaster test the voices all come clear and from the correct speakers.
however if i play music on windows media player, i only get sound from the front speakers!
oh, by the way i have 5.1 speakers.
thanks in advance woz.

If I had to guess using my best judgement and experience, I would say the agnd (ground), line_out_r (right audio), and line_out_l (left audio). If it's not those three, you'll just hafta do some trial and error, I guess, but those seem to be the ones you would connect.

i tied that combo, it did not work.
iwill endeavour.
do you have any suggestions on why i only get sound from front speakers while playing music?
woz

come on guys, someone must have 5.1 speakers dont you?
do you have sound from all speakers when playing music? (see first post)
woz

wozelbeak said:
come on guys, someone must have 5.1 speakers dont you?
do you have sound from all speakers when playing music? (see first post)
woz

I don't have 5.1 but I think that u should get the music out of every speaker.

Well I Thought That, But I Don't Got It!
If I Run A Test On The Speakers, It Comes Through All Speakers In The Correct Order.
I Have A Feeling That Something Is Not Just Rite. Any Advice Will Be Great.

Here Is A Update.
I Have Found That While Playing Music, That Sound Only Goes From The Sound Card Via The Front Speaker Jack Port. The Other Two Ports Give Off No Sound.
I Think I Can Now Deduct That There Is Nothing Wrong With The Speakers.
There Must Be A Setting To Enable 5.1 Sound That I Have Missed!
I Have Enabled It In The Sounds And Audio Devices. I Have Also Set The Sound Blaster To 5.1. Any Other Ideas?
Ho, And I Still Aint Worked Out The Front Audio Port Wiring Yet.
Woz

yeeeeeee :), i cracked the speaker problem. i had to enable cmss, how easy is that then lol.
still no front audio though.
woz

Update On The Front Audio Socket.
You Cant Use It While You Have A Soundblaster Live 24 Bit Card, Unless You Go To Sounds And Audio And Set The Motherboard Built In Sound System To The Default One!
Then If You Want Your Music To Play Through Your Surround Sound Speakers You Have To Go To The Sounds And Audio And Set The Soundblaster Bach As Default!!!
Woz

Makes sense since the front audio jumpers are on the motherboard for the integrated sound. Maybe there are front audio jumpers on the sound card?

Back
Top Bottom