What to upgrade hmm...

PZEROFGH

Golden Master
what to do with a 150 dollars. should i upgrade to a 6600GT. or should i buuy another hdd and raid them. or should i buy another pcie mobo and wait another year to buy a pcie graphics card, sense i only hagve 150 dollars. or should i buy a cheap pcie mobo and a cheap pcie grpahics card..

ok right now i have

msi k8n neo2 platinum
seagate barracuda 80GB hdd
1GB 512x2 crucial ballistix pc3200
9800 pro
amd athlon 64 3200+
cd drive, cd-rw drive, and blah blah blah

so woul di
1)buy a new graphics card (AGP)

2) Buy a new mobo, but wont be able to use until next year...not good

3)Buy a cheap pcie mobo w/ cheap pcie graphics card to equal 150

4) Do nothing

5)Buy pcie graphics card and wait till next year to buy pcie mobo

6) wait next year till i have 300 dollars to spend on a mobo and graphisc card

7) Buy a new hdd and raid them

8) Buy more ram

9) Upgrade processor. i dont htink this is possible.

10) i have stock cooling so should i buy a aftermarket heatsink like a zalman or thermaltake

11) buy higher rated ram so i can OC more. right now i have it at 2.4 with a 5.6 divider so my memory is running at 200mhz. and its runnign in dual channel

12) stop making choices

EDIT: probably in about 2-4 years or so, im goign to have around 700 dollars to upgrade.

Maybe, maybe not. Pci ex. is here, and games are getting more complex... I'd just get the 6600gt I guess, but don't expect to have it for more than 8-12 months...

what do you think is the best card between the 6600GT and the 6800GT, and please dont say the 6800 cause most people say the 6600GT can beat the 6800. so im thinking what ati card. i been sticking with ati cards for a long time, and i want to try nvidia but it looks like the 6600Gt is the only one in my price range. and i want to see what ati card compares to the 66600GT should i get a x800xl.

and one more question

how long do you think a 6800GT AGP is going to last me?

what do you guys think of me getting a 6800LE and unlocking the 4 or what not additionla pipe lines

Back
Top Bottom