New Computer

Any intel? Um... no... the 3200+ is faster than a 3.0ghz and below, but you put that thing up against a 3.4ghz and above, and intel is a spankin amd. But you said basically, so yeah.

just overclock the 3200 and it can beat a any thing intel has to offer. a 3200 venice at 2.8ghz or even 2.6ghz can easily be achieved with stock cooling and stock voltage. and at 2.6ghz or 2.8ghz it is a faster than even a 4ghz pentium 4 (in games only).

getting a 3.4ghz pentium 4 instead of a 3200 venice is the dumbest thing a person can ever do if gaming is very important to that person.

actually even a stock amd 64 3200 is wayyyyyyyyyyy better than a 3.4ghz pentium 4 in counter strike source and halflife 2.

you can go to 2.8ghz for the venice 3200. some websites showed this improvement over the winchester 3200, which was only 2600 max. you can go to 2.8ghz on venice 3200 with a increase of voltage, but not to a crazy amount, just a moderate increase.

dont bother comparing intel pentium 4s to amd 64s in games. pentium 4s get huge drops in fps but not amd 64. but the pentium m is a different store, it is just as good as amd 64 for games, pentium m arcitecture is the future of intel cpus.

I seriously doubt that with a stock fan... you would need either a zalman or liquid cooling. I've pushed my cpu to 2.56 and at 2.6ghz it crashed for me. I'm using stock everything. Yeah, increase in voltage. NOt what you said earlier... I have newcastle core, which is a little old, but still kickin arse.

i am using stock cooling on my winchester, i just increased voltage to 1.650 and i can run 260*10 which is 2600mhz. and my temps are 53c max with 100% cpu load with 1.650 volts. i can play games all day with 2600mhz, no problems, no errors, no prime 95 errors.

i forgot to mention that i am using a 3200 winchester.

Yeah, you have winchester. i have newcastle. It's just different. I had 2.6ghz going for 1 hour and it crashed. Haven't done it since. I get around 55C on full load and never gone above that.

yeah newcastles are bad for overclocking. i dont know why i keep getting "memory could not be read error" in cs source at 2600mhz. every other game is perfectly fine with no errors and 100% problem free. i have to clock down to 2400mhz to get no "memory could not be read" errors in cs source. even prime 95 is perfectly 100% stable at 2600mhz, something is wrong with this cs source.

because of this one "memory error" in this one game i have to get a 3500 venice, i hate the source engine.

Back
Top Bottom