What do you all think of pc-cillian internet security 2005?

Jorfee

Baseband Member
Any comments on that program? Also what seems to be the most favorite/good antivirus and software firewall programs...? I had norton...then free avg....whats real real decent?

Zone Alarm Pro, For personal computers and your router firewall for a network of computers, PC Cillin- I used it once and it hogged up a lot of my resources and kept annoying me with various alerts over and over again even when i told it not to alert me again.

I had zonealarm pro once before...I can prolly try to go back to it...and yeah i dont want somethin usin alot of resources...btw this is just for personal pc

For firewall, if u can spend cash then get a router with a firewall. That's the best u can get, and with it u don't need any software firewall. But if u don't want to spend any money then go with Zone Alarm pro. And for the anti-virus, just get a free one. I have heard that AVG is really good, myself I use AntiVir Personal Edition. It's free and I found it to be a lot better than norton or f-secure, and u have to pay for those two.

The best is pc-cillin, indeed. I have used it and it is by far the best. It even picks up on viruese that you create... where norton and mcafee and avg didnt.

PC-Cillin Internet Security 2005 is the best antivirus package you can get right now. Competitively priced, including a decent spyware scanner, along with a quick and reliable virus scanner, firewall, and other nice features, it's a great piece of software.

And unlike Norton or McAfee, it doesn't suck your PC's resources dry.

Hmm ... i've had zone alarm pro and it's, what do i say? Extremely ignorant ... seeing as though i configured it yet it still didn't enable me to senf or even recieve packets of data from me LAN !
But i would definately go with AVG for antivirus ... the best ;)

Use Sygate Personal Firewall Pro it stops ddos attacks and is very good logs everything and doesnt use much ram.

dyserq said:
Hmm ... i've had zone alarm pro and it's, what do i say? Extremely ignorant ... seeing as though i configured it yet it still didn't enable me to senf or even recieve packets of data from me LAN !
But i would definately go with AVG for antivirus ... the best ;)
I find it quite affective took me about 10 minutes to configure it and i love it, I cant see myself changing for along time, BTW i also have a router firewall :)

Back
Top Bottom