Mozzila VS IE

So FireFox loads pages a bit faster. Big deal. IE is not more vulnerable - the user is. It sounds to me like FireFox was made for people without internet common sense. I never get spyware or adware because I know what I'm doing and where I'm going. If a user doesn't understand how to use the internet safely, then yes, they should get FireFox.

As for the clicking sound, that can easily be disabled or changed to something else in the sound settings.

Well ... FF, in my opinion, won't beat IE ...
FF is slow seeing as though it loads up images last and text firsts ... as for security yes it may be better as FF doesn't currently have as large a browser share but it may soon change ... still, SP2 adds a popup blocker and all that so i don't think that there is a definate change
The only real difference is tabbed browsing to be honest, but for the you can download msn toolbar ... everything you can get on FF you can also get on IE ... just with some third party software :D

spank_fusion said:
Internet Explorer doesn't make you have spyware - lack of common sense in the sites you visit and things you download does. Ads show up an both browsers as well. They're part of a webpage. Also, popup blocking is integrated into IE with SP2, so there's no problem there, either. In terms of speed, there's really no difference. It's a browser. The speed depends on your internet connection.

well as far as im concerned, FF is more like a mini firewall blocking you computer from hi-jacking attemts, and malicious content like trojons. but as for pop up blocking FF is defintly the way to go. but because FF uses so much ram. it kinda bogs down your computer if you have 256 m/b or less. in addition, it does seem that images and a little bit slower to load on FF rather then IE. Still my personal opinion, id go with FF

Mozilla Firefox definately wins in most ways, the speed and safety of it is unmatched. Mozilla Firefox with the "Adblock" extension is just plain beautiful. But some websites are not displayed properly in Firefox, as they would be in IE; so Firefox still gives you an extension to goto IE-only websites while in the Firefox browser.

Mozilla Firefox is way better.
Thunderbird rocks the socks as well.

Are you guys not listening to my arguments? IE has popup blocking now! Also, IE7 will feature tabbed browsing.

As for the speed and safety of FireFox, well, it's been matched.

Let the browser wars begin anew: this open-source program is streamlined, customizable, and just plain better. Now ownder it has attracted millions of users in just a few months. Is it merely a coincidence that Microsoft finally plans to give IE the major overhaul it has needed for years? Duh!

Customizeability and a slightly faster load time aren't worth it to me. Why have another program to browse the net when there's a perfectly good one already on here? So you can load Google eight milliseconds faster than me. :eek: I don't see why these little things get you guys all crazy for FireFox. Be reasonable - it's not really that much better. It's a browser comparable to IE. Either one is good, really, but what I'm saying is that IE is already on here.

Besides, everybody seems to be overlooking the bugs that FireFox has more of. I'm not saying programs don't have bugs, but IE was designed for Windows, so it's a lot more stable with it. I had several problems with FireFox when I tried it out. Granted, most were easily fixable, but once again, it's not worth the hassle to me. Also, IE7 is adding lots of new features, so I'll be even better off when that comes out.

never once had a bug with ff. Same with IE though. FF is just as fast and as good as IE in pretty much every way now with IE7. Theres only one thing in my mind that makes ff better then IE7. IE7 is targeted by people, people exploit it. Because all the super 1337 computer h4x0r5 don't like microsoft. Even if FF had the majority of the share of the browser market, I still think IE would be targeted by the super 1337 computer h4x0r5. Thats why I use ff.

I will never use IE for usual web-browsing. Why? Cause i keep getting errors for no reason, there's no tabbed-browsing, it's slow, it...ok, makes the USER more vulnerable to attacks, which, is still bad, MS doesn't patch it quickly enough, and it just isn't customisable or nice to use. I love Firefox - got the 'Ad-Block' and 'WebMail Compose' extensions which let me block any ads or scripts i don't want, and use Gmail as my e-mail client (inside Firefox).

Firefox is such an advanced browser, yet so simple to use.

Back
Top Bottom