xp not bootin

echo1

Beta member
Ok A Friend Of Mine Has Winxp Pro And This Happens To Him With Much Frecuency.

His Pc Is Working Fine For Some Time, And Suddenly It Doesn't Wanna Boot Correctly. It Gives The Oportunity To Get To The F8 Boot Menu, But None Of The Options Work; It Doesnt Work In Safe Mode, Command Prompt Only, Last Know Good Config... Etc... Win Has Been Reinstalled Sometimes In That Pc But By Another Guy, Not Me, So I Dont Know If It Has Been Reinstalled/recovered Over The Previous Xp Or If It Has Been Formatted.

The Error That Comes To My Attention The Most Is One That Says: "unmountable Boot Volume". So Im Thinking Bout A Master Boot Record Problem, Or Maybe Even An Mbr Virus, Cause If The Pc Has Been Formatted, There's No Way The Virus Still Exists.

Maybe Its Also A Hardware Problem But I Havent Given Much Brain To That, So If Any Of You Can Recommend Anything I'll Be Thankful...

Bye

take all connections off the hard drive and reconnect. see if that helps.

if that don't work

could be attributed to excessive dust
could be bad motherboard
hard drive going bad is a biggie.
hard drive cable is also a big thing too. those go bad all the time.

i see this error alot when you change mobo's and the new board has a different ide controller, so i'm gonna say possible bad board. You'll just have to troubleshoot it. If it says it is unmountable, then that means it at least recognizes the hard drive is there, but it can't do anything with it. Its also a possible hard drive problem.

~mr mixx~ said:
glad to see that it worked out for you... cheers.
if none of that works, (and iam an idiot i dunno) could it be the sasser worm b/c my pc went into this boot cycle when i got the sasserworm where it would not boot all the way up and kept restarting

Back
Top Bottom