Building Computer Ideal for Video Editing

karling07

Daemon Poster
I'd like to build a computer that will flawlessly run Windows Movie Maker and eventually other video editing softwares. I know this seems silly, but Movie Maker actually sucks up a LOT of resources and my current PC is actually falling apart trying to deal with it. So my questions are:

1. What kind of mobo would be good for this? It's gotta have a firewire port

2. What kind of Hard drive should I look at: at least 80GB would be good

3. What processor would be best for what I'm trying to do? Intel or AMD? And what speed?

4. Video cards and soundcards: do i even need a seperate soundcard? and obviously video card is huge; i'd really like to know what kinds would be good for this.

5. what kind of ram and how much? i assume at least 1 GB?

LINKS (to newegg) are appreciated if you have any specific opinions :)

Thanks so much!

well my computer (specs in sig) runs fine with video editing software and cost me $1600AUD With lcd so i made a counter strike movie and had no problems no lag used up 20gb for the pictures but that was it.

1. Id recommend a Abit AN8 Ultra suits your needs perfect.
2. 80Gb is nothing for video editing, Id have at least 250GB besides there real cheap are drives, Or even 2X80GB
3. 3. What processor would be best for what I'm trying to do? Intel or Pentium? And what speed?
-> Intel & Pentium are the same thing, You mean AMD! Id recommend a AMD 64 bit.
4.Sound cards are built into a lot of mobos if your serious get one, A cheapo will do you fine.
5.1gb ram is sufficient, (recommend corsair)

Back
Top Bottom