help installing a new motherboard

lee42lee

Baseband Member
A friend of mine bought a new motherboard and processor for there computer. I am not sure where they got it but it doesn't have a setup disk or any papers at all. I got it installed but when I tried to start it I had problems. It would go through all the checks but after that it would say "Floppy disk failure" then it asks me to choose safe mode or normal startup then after I choose it will restart and do the same thing all over again. Please help.

Lee

If you are running XP on the Hard Drive, it will either do what you are explaining or go to BSOD if you are trying to put a hard drive with an OS on it that was installed before the new motherboard was put in. Also check your floppy drive cable and power. If that doenst work, either replace the floppy or just disable the floppy in the bios. Have fun.

have you got everything else hooked up, always say that please.

Also, your mobo may not go with all your computer parts.

just try installing windows xp again, as it want funtion well with the new parts because of your drivers for the new motherboard.

Thanks for the reply Cobra. I ended up installing XP again and everything works fine now.

Back
Top Bottom