Questions...

I'm going to be doing alot of gaming and it seems that a normal AMD chip will do fine, so it woudn't cost alot of money I got my 3200+ for about $220 Canadian which is a pretty good price in my perspective. but I'll let you know how it performs cause I plan on having my computer running later today.

Chris

AMD all the way, even if ur playing a game once a week, i belive its worth it, and you can always decide to pick amd knowing its 64bit, ready for the future, and the p4's 5xx does not have any traces of 64bit technology, also the 5xx intels fsb is 800mhz, while the amd's are running 1800mhz fsbs give or take which is w/o overclocking

gdewald said:
Ok, I can't exactly figure out what I want, so I thought of asking you, so:
1.Which is better AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Socket 939 -or- 3.0GHz Intel P4 530J Socket 775
2.How do I find out what processor is better(I don't know what to focus on when picking out a processor)
3.Which is better, a socket 939 moterboard or a socket 775 motherboard?

-THANK YOU-
gdewald
Ok.... first off.... way wrong. Not you, treehugger, or gdewald.... but others... geez people. Have any of you even used and amd (for those who use intel)? Man... ok. For me... I had an intel 3.2ghz ht with 1g of ram, an x300 pci ex. vid. card, 200gb hd, and some onboard sound thing. Look at my sig... that's my comp now. Lemme tell you... I do the same things on my comp now that I did with the intel... *sigh* the amd runs about three times as fast. Seriously... windows boots up faster... a lot faster, mind you. Firefox even browses faster... even with the same internet. games are better (amd is a gaming cpu) check this out... Look at that... more is here http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/ProductInformation/0,,30_118_9485_9487,00.html
scroll down to the buttom and select something...

that's for gaming... totally gamer cpu, I told you. Intel is way to hot... those p4's... ouch! You could fry a hotdog... the amd run's cool. The thing about cpu's is that when they are hot... they slow down to cool down. Slooooowww. Amd runs cool... so it doesn't have to do that. 2. When picking out a cpu... you need to know what you're going to be doing. Anything major... vid. editing.... gaming.... mulititasking.... = amd. Just surfing the web... writing word docs... sure... go intel. But be warned.... the dual cores are out. Amd's dual core's totally flattened the opposition... intel. If you don't believe... I have more benchmark's you can look at. BUt not now... 3. Socket 939. Why? Well, it's more recent, and, when it comes time for you to upgrade to dual core, believe me, all you have to do is just pop out the old, in with the new, and just update your bios. That's it. With intel... haha. A new chip AND a new mobo. With amd... you keep your mobo. Hope this helps....

That is too funny. I'm loooking at that website and went through all their benchmarks including the ones that is PDF formatted, Intel got smoked in every freakin single test. I think that should give you an idea as to what CPU to get.

U are right about AMD being better in gaming. And jac006, the last time I checked (about 2 weeks ago) intel was better at multitasking than AMD. The difference was so small that it really doesn't give much difference in performance, but intel was better. And I have never used AMD in my own pc, but I have used it on my friends pc. I wouldn't say that it's so much better at everyday use than intel is. And back to the games, yes as I (and u) said AMD is better, but I can run all the games I have with my p4 perfectly. No lag, on delta force black hawk down (one of the only games I play often) I get over 120 FPS. (best detail setting) And it's not all about my vid card since it's a fx5700.

Forget Intel completely. AMD CPU's make much better use of the power they consume.

Hyper-threading does help P4's considerably in heavy multi-tasking, but you can go for an X2, if that's your bag.

Oh ya, and Intel are corrupt and way too much of the market, if that persuades you more. :D

Yeah, you know what intel has done to amd? ok...
Yeah, I know. Intel has been pretty bad... and has done bad things... for example I know that intel paid large sums of cash to big OEMs such as Dell and Toshiba to not buy amd products and that Intel threatened ACer with "severe consequences" for supporting the Athalon 64 launch and that Compaq's ex-CEO said the pressure put on his company by Intel to not buy AMD products was the equivalent of having a "gun to his head".

What? Wow, i knew Intel was endorsed by Satan and the Chairman always has an unusually evil grin on his face, but damn, 'serious consequences'? It's actually quite funny, when i think about it. :D

Back
Top Bottom