Help desperately needed...!!!

cantona

Daemon Poster
Hi

I was downloading a song form limewire when i looked down the bottom left and saw that limewire had detected no firewall. I then went into trend micro internet security 2005 and clicked on my personnel firewall and it came up with an error message: "Unable to read configuration. Please restart and try again (hr=0x8004021, loc=5428, num=252)"

so then i checked the summary part and saw that all the interent settings and mail settings had been disabled...i then restarted and tried again and the same thing happened.

I then and restarted again but this time instead of going into personnel firewall first i went into the summary part and saw that all the settings were as normal so my guess is that when i click on my firewall it disables them...but why did this suddenly start to happen?? and how do i fix it??

PS. I have run a virus, adaware and Spyware S&D scan and detected nothing. And all my definitions are up to date.

Edit: I also found once i click on personnel firewall and get the error message...and then my settings get disabled well if I exit trend micro and then double click it again the settings go back to being enabled.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the program. Also check their website for known issues. Something like this might be a common bug that can be fixed with a quick patch.

Man use Sygate Personal Firewall Pro it stops dos attacks and is very good beats any other in my opinion but anyway.

try what ^^^^^ he said.

Hey guys,

i thought i would let you know that i resolved the issue by uninstalling and reinstalling trend micro. Ive sent an email off to trend to see what the problem was in the first place...even though i have it fixed i would still like to know what caused it so if anyone has any ideas feel free to reply

thanx

Back
Top Bottom