What are .iso files for?

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
What do I do with .iso files? The icon of that particular file doesn't seem to be recognized by Windows, but it's 450MB. How do I get it to install?

If the ISO is an image of a program from a DVD, CD ect mount it with an image device such as Damand Tolls or Nero's Image drive, then go to my computer open the image drive and you will see all files there like your set up file, this is if it is an image of a cd programe!!

ISO files are commonly also used for booting up ...
Such as linux ...
If you want to burn ISO images, you can use Nero but i find that XP Burner Pro is much more easy, an average GUI though

TRDCorolla said:
What do I do with .iso files? The icon of that particular file doesn't seem to be recognized by Windows, but it's 450MB. How do I get it to install?

It's an image file so it can be quite much anything. So u downloaded it? Then what is it supposed to be? Well be it anything either burn it to a disk (think u need to make an image disk) or download this www.daemon-tools.cc/ . <- Easy to use, and never had a single problem with it.

So I can just copy the .iso file over to the CD and it will run? It's actually Windows ME. My sister's husbands friends son made this for me and so he's probably like uber pro at this. I haven't got any response back from them about how to make this file work and I really like to get this running soon. I manage to extract it using WinISO and I can see the executable files now but to make it into an actual bootable CD, what would I have to do next?

Now I have two separate files. One is the actual .iso file that I got and the extracted one.

TRDCorolla said:
My sister's husbands friends son

LOL, thats one hell of a close relative there :D

Just download daemon tools. (link in my earlier post) U will get it working with it.

Back
Top Bottom