usb question

Gamingfreak

Fully Optimized
everytime i connect something to my usb ports it says that "this device can perform faster if u connect it to a usb 2.0 port" does that mean its not connected to a usb 2.0 port?

Make sure you install the drivers from your motherboard CD. My motherboard gave me this message too - until I installed the USB 2.0 drivers from the CD.

gaming_freak said:
everytime i connect something to my usb ports it says that "this device can perform faster if u connect it to a usb 2.0 port" does that mean its not connected to a usb 2.0 port?

If u have connected it to an usb2.0 port then it's about drivers. But I think that with XP Sp2 there comes usb2.0 drivers. But as spank_fusion said, if u have the mobo cd then install the drivers from there.

i tried getting the drivers off my motherboard cd but they just say that if i install service pack 1 then i get the drivers well i have service pack 2 installed so i must have the drivers so are they not working or something?

Go to Start and then Right click my computer > Properties > Hardware tab > Device Manager.

Then look if there are any missing drivers.

gaming_freak said:
i tried getting the drivers off my motherboard cd but they just say that if i install service pack 1 then i get the drivers well i have service pack 2 installed so i must have the drivers so are they not working or something?

Yeah, looks like the drivers are ok. Are u 100% sure that u connected it to an usb2.0 ports. Atleast in my pc there is like 1 usb2.0 port and 2 usb 1.[whatever] port.

Back
Top Bottom