Big RAM Query!

the deceived

In Runtime
Hi all again! :)

Right, I'm currently thinking of getting the OCZ 2Gb (2 x 1Gb) Dual Channel Platinum Series but I have recently stumbled across the idea of having 4 x 512Mb OCZ sticks of RAM. Now I can either get them in two sets of Dual Channel, or 4 single sticks.

Which would be better? The OCZ 2 x 1GB RAM or the 4 x 512Mb Ram?

Thanks!

Well, either way, it should still be dual channel. The second option just has more sticks of RAM. It would make little difference which option you choose except you are limiting your upgradeability in the future by using up all the memory slots.

spank_fusion said:
Well, either way, it should still be dual channel. The second option just has more sticks of RAM. It would make little difference which option you choose except you are limiting your upgradeability in the future by using up all the memory slots.

Oh right, well I didn;t really think about the fact that they will take up all my available slots!

Thanks!

One more thing, should I ditch the idea of getting the Abit AN8 nForce4 Ultra (Socket 939), and go with the Asus A8N-Sli Deluxe?

Thanks again!

My next upgrade for ram wise will be two 1 GB sticks. That way my upgradeing power is the same. But chances are when AMD relieased DDR2 supported socket i'll just get a new good mobo so.

well i agree but also for another reason. would it kinda slow ur pc down to have all those slots its like an extra wire not needed. so it takes longer to pass through right? im just guessing i come from a would of cars so its kinda like shorter piping on a car.

Back
Top Bottom