far cry issues...

Jorfee

Baseband Member
Ok so the first time i installed far cry...it opened up then closed....reinstalled and the graphics look fine in some parts but then on others it looks very very bright and just not normal...and when im out on the beach parts of it will be black and just start acting weird on me...no other game has this problem. I got a eVGA geforce 6800gt with 3.2ghz p4 extreme edition with HT. I shut the game down and checked the temp of the card and it was at like 78c. But was only into the yellow. Is this too hot and to make it have these problems?

that is very hot and that might be why you're having these problems but also make sure you have your drivers updated and if that doesnt work then i suggest a new fan for your gpu

The 6800GT can take A LOT of heat. Up to 120C before recieving damage. But I suppose it could be artifacting. I was getting those kinds of temperatures in Halo, and I was getting artifacts everywhere. Then, I got a Zalman GPU cooler and all my woes went away. :)

All other games work fine...half life 2...doom 3...f.e.a.r. I don't get why far cry would be different

Back
Top Bottom