What do you use to create a web page?

CMS and Mambo are content systems, they're basicly sites that you upload and they're ready togo. phpnuke is a really popular one, but's it's not very mod-ible. I would suggest frontpages, the new dreamweavers looking pretty nice. but it really depends what your planning on doing on your site, if you just want a portfolio, I would search google for "Content Managment System" and see what you get. Otherwise your best bet would be go frontpage or dreamweaver, or just script it yourself (yay programmers >_<).

Chris
P.S. if you script it yourself, HTML-Kit is an awsome html (but good for all scripting languages) editor.

Man, I went to some of those Mambo and CMS sites--I feel I am even more confused than ever. So how exactly do you go about building your site and upload it to them?

I need to take a web design class or something or maybe an ecommerce class.

Gah no PHP FUNCTION! POINTLESS! LOL

@trd
no, you dont....i can help you easily....whats your host do they have auto install cms's?

Basically, I don't have anything right now. I'm thinking in the future, I like to post my resume and whatever projects I have done onto a website with my own domain. Kind of like a website about me, my accomplishments and things like that and at the same time look presentable to employers to view my site in determining employement.

It's got to look professional.

Back
Top Bottom