Comcast cable to 6Mbps

I took that test.....this was after downloading multiple torrents one of them being 4.4GB's so my internet was slower than usual...

I got....4788Down and 360 up.....I have the worstest upload speed :(

YOur numbers are still faster than mine and I'm using Cable internet. I think my modem needs to be powered down. I should be getting the 6Meg bandwidth they promised me.

Scan0001.jpg

TRDCorolla said:
dannnggggg, what line are you using?! Those are insane speeds. Whoa...(leaving a trail of smoke).

First time I tested it said download was 8236 and upload was 513 and I didn't believe it either. So I tested it over about 6 different times in about a 2 hour time frame..This was my latest.

Did you reboot your modem? When ever I am given increases the ISP I use tells me to wait 24 hours and then to reboot the cable modem and I will then be able to get the upgraded speeds

So you wait for 24 hours after you are notified that you will be given an increase in speed? I haven't done a power down yet. I'm suppose to be getting 6Megs. I'll probably shut down my modem for about 30 seconds then and test it again.

It's been like two days since I got the nice post card in the mail about my increase in bandwidth.

My ISP sends out Emails to all of us..
I called a friend and had him test his and he was almost a perfect match to what I posted and since we are on the same line I can say that it is right.

I use Grande Communications for phone cable and internet. For about 2 and half years and they have continuously increased the speed about every 3 months. The whole works cost me about $120(us) a month total. No limitations on bandwidth, low cost long distance and 300 TV channels and 200 digital music channels. The service is great too. A 2 min call and have tech support on the line and checking my connections or modem. I have had 3 modems fail and all I do is take it down to the main office and they hand me a new one(got a lot of extra cables) sealed in the box. These guys are great.

Back
Top Bottom