6800gt drivers not installing HELPPPPP

onimusha

In Runtime
i removed this old driver to install the latest 77.77 from nvidias site. now everytime i install the driver and restart it doesnt work. the driver does not install and it does not detect the 6800gt.

when installing a driver it stops half way then makes a noise indicating that it detected the video card, that doesnt happen anymore.

THe device manager is empty i treid the two methods and they dont work= i tried the enum security perimissons everyone set to read only, and system set to allow full access. i also tried run, then services.msc and checked if plug and play is on, and it was on and started.

SO what now i cant INSTALL any driver for any hardware anymore???!?!?!?!?

if it didnt completely detect the video card....you wouldnt have a viewable screen....so something is really messed up.

How old is the card? can you RMA it?

its not the video card thats the problem, its the operating system. it doesnt even say new vga detected, it used to say that before the device manager was blank.

the operating system is not detecting uninstalled or new or changed hardwares. It never used to be like this, only when the the device manager became blank and empty, thats when this problem started.

on top of all this i cant even do a repair windows installation from cd, it says my verion is newer then the one on the cd and so i all my files will have to be deleted. i dont want to delete all my movies, i have so many.

there are two methods on the interenet for fixing a blank device manager in windows xp, i tried them both and they dont work, its still blank.

you may just have to back your files up and format your hard drive...
thats what I would probably do anyway.
I send things to my 200 gig hdd when I want to format my OS hdd.

Don't you have a CD with the original drivers for your 6800GT? Just re-install those and try to find an older version of drivers for it or wait until new ones come out.

edit - i guess you can ignore this if you think it the OS but im hoping you at least tried it to be sure.

Back
Top Bottom