SLI do you need it?????

I wouldn't think it could get much better. No games out right now require SLI, let alone a 7800GTX. This guys either rich, nuts, or both.

I am considering going with SLI, Crossfire in the future. After I make the switch to PCI-E I want the Mobo/CPU to last for several years. I could get one 6800GT or 7800GT now and then another in a year/18 months when the games require it (and they are less expensive. That should hold me for a long time.

jcurrin said:
Ahahahahahahahahahahaha... Oh I'm laughing so hard right now seriously I wish there where some way I could show you how hard I'm laughing. You say ok back to SLI and then at the end try to start a flame war. Keep on hating M$ keep on talkin smack about Live. I mean we don't need people like you playing the xbox.

first off i dont hate microsoft, im using a PC arent I? i could be using a mac. yours laughign so hard and yet you can be typing at teh same time obviously your not laughing very hard because you wouldnt be able to type at the same time, nice try. i didnt try to make a flame war, myself and every other knowledgable person on the consoles realize that PS3 will be the most powerful of the two and it will pwn the xbox360. you dont need ppl like me playing the xbox? what do you mean by ppl like me? if you mean ppl that realize ps3 is going to be better power wise then your going to have urself and 5 other fanboys playing on the whole of xbox live because everyone realizes the ps3 will be better. so u have fun with ur 6 ppl matches while ps3 has millions playing online. but thats ok i cant blame you, you probably bought an xbox before and was like wow this is cool, never got a ps2, decided without trying the ps2 that xbox was better, then grew a mean hatred and everytime someone says ps3 is going to own u call them a fan boy to make yourself seem cool.

money_man said:
first off i dont hate microsoft, im using a PC arent I? i could be using a mac. yours laughign so hard and yet you can be typing at teh same time obviously your not laughing very hard because you wouldnt be able to type at the same time, nice try. i didnt try to make a flame war, myself and every other knowledgable person on the consoles realize that PS3 will be the most powerful of the two and it will pwn the xbox360. you dont need ppl like me playing the xbox? what do you mean by ppl like me? if you mean ppl that realize ps3 is going to be better power wise then your going to have urself and 5 other fanboys playing on the whole of xbox live because everyone realizes the ps3 will be better. so u have fun with ur 6 ppl matches while ps3 has millions playing online. but thats ok i cant blame you, you probably bought an xbox before and was like wow this is cool, never got a ps2, decided without trying the ps2 that xbox was better, then grew a mean hatred and everytime someone says ps3 is going to own u call them a fan boy to make yourself seem cool.

PS3 WILL PWN!
Look at the specs of the PS3

Official PS3 Specs

Here are the official technical specifications for the PS3, taken directly from Sony:

CPU
Cell Processor
PowerPC-base Core @3.2GHz
1 VMX vector unit per core
512KB L2 cache
7 x SPE @3.2GHz
7 x 128b 128 SIMD GPRs
7 x 256KB SRAM for SPE
* 1 of 8 SPEs reserved for redundancy
total floating point performance: 218 GFLOPS

GPU
RSX @550MHz
1.8 TFLOPS floating point performance
Full HD (up to 1080p) x 2 channels
Multi-way programmable parallel floating point shader pipelines

Sound
Dolby 5.1ch, DTS, LPCM, etc. (Cell- base processing)
Memory
256MB XDR Main RAM @3.2GHz 256MB GDDR3 VRAM @700MHz

System Bandwidth
Main RAM 25.6GB/s
VRAM 22.4GB/s
RSX 20GB/s (write) + 15GB/s (read)
SB< 2.5GB/s (write) + 2.5GB/s (read)

System Floating Point Performance
2 TFLOPS

Storage
Detachable 2.5" HDD slot x 1

I/O
USB Front x 4, Rear x 2 (USB2.0)
Memory Stick standard/Duo, PRO x 1
SD standard/mini x 1
CompactFlash (Type I, II) x 1

Communication
Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T) x 3 (input x 1 + output x 2)
Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g
Bluetooth 2.0 (EDR)

Controller
Bluetooth (up to 7)
USB 2.0 (wired)
Wi-Fi (PSP)
Network (over IP)

AV Output
Screen size: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
HDMI: HDMI out x 2
Analog: AV MULTI OUT x 1
Digital audio: DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL) x 1

Disc Media
CD PlayStation CD-ROM, PlayStation 2 CD-ROM, CD-DA, CD-DA (ROM), CD-R, CD-RW, SACD, SACD Hybrid (CD layer), SACD HD, DualDisc, DualDisc (audio side), DualDisc (DVD side)
DVD: PlayStation 2 DVD-ROM, PlayStation 3 DVD-ROM, DVD-Video, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW
Blu-ray Disc: PlayStation 3 BD-ROM, BD-Video, BD-ROM, BD-R, BD-RE

Vs. The specs of XBOX360
Xbox 360 System Performance Specifications

Custom IBM PowerPC-based CPU Three symmetrical cores running at 3.2 GHz each
Two hardware threads per core; six hardware threads total
VMX-128 vector unit per core; three total
128 VMX-128 registers per hardware thread
1 MB L2 cache

CPU Game Math Performance 9.6 billion dot product operations per second

Custom ATI Graphics Processor 10 MB of embedded DRAM
48-way parallel floating-point dynamically scheduled shader pipelines
Unified shader architecture

Polygon Performance 500 million triangles per second

Pixel Fill Rate 16 gigasamples per second fill rate using 4x MSAA

Shader Performance 48 billion shader operations per second

Memory 512 MB of 700 MHz GDDR3 RAM
Unified memory architecture

Memory Bandwidth 22.4 GB/s memory interface bus bandwidth
256 GB/s memory bandwidth to EDRAM
21.6 GB/s front-side bus

Overall System Floating-Point Performance 1 teraflop

Storage Detachable and upgradeable 20GB hard drive
12x dual-layer DVD-ROM
Memory Unit support starting at 64 MB

I/O Support for up to four wireless game controllers
Three USB 2.0 ports
Two memory unit slots

Optimized for Online Instant, out-of-the-box access to Xbox Live features with broadband service, including Xbox Live Marketplace for downloadable content, gamer profile for digital identity, and voice chat to talk to friends while playing games, watching movies, or listening to music
Built-in Ethernet port
Wi-Fi ready: 802.11a, 802.11b, and 802.11g
Video camera ready

Digital Media Support Support for DVD-Video, DVD-ROM, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD-DA, CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, WMA CD, MP3 CD, JPEG Photo CD
Ability to stream media from portable music devices, digital cameras and Windows XP-based PCs
Ability to rip music to the Xbox 360 hard drive
Custom playlists in every game
Built-in Media Center Extender for Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
Interactive, full-screen 3-D visualizers

High-Definition Game Support All games supported at 16:9, 720p, or 1080i, with anti-aliasing
Standard-definition and high-definition video output supported

Audio Multi-channel surround sound output
Supports 48KHz 16-bit audio
320 independent decompression channels
32-bit audio processing
Over 256 audio channels

Physical Specs Height: 83 mm
Width: 309 mm
Depth: 258 mm
Weight: 7.7 lbs.

System Orientation Stands vertically or horizontally

Customizable Face Plates Interchangeable to personalize the console

thank you moondoggie, someone who isnt a fan boy liek myself but actually knows the specs, jcurrin maybe if you take a look you'll figure out i was right and then u can stop calling me a fanboy when u clearly are one

y not? if your a serious gamer you do...within this year alone quake 4 is coming out, the most graphically advanced game ever. sli provides high res/high graphics/no lag. any lag is from something else, not ur video cards if ur using 7800gtx's. then if ur not its a easy upgrade u add in a new card and wa-la 2x the performance on games according to nvidia, that way ur old card isnt worthless because ur still using it

I am a fanboy of all consoles, but I feel Microsoft is making a HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE mistake releasing the 360 this early. They should have waited and caught up with the PS3.

yes they should have, but they are always in a rush and always have to patch things up like their OS's so meh who cares better for SONY since they already have better technology and companies on their side

Back
Top Bottom