Dual Opteron with tyan motherboard.... plausible for regular computer?

Why would you want a server board in your computer? Most personal computers can serve the same purpose. Unless you plan on having a s***load of people connecting to your computer over the net its pointless

If you want to turn your home computer into a small server for some sort of project thats not the answer, theres software for that

If you really want on Opteron server, got at least with the 3 series or higher, the 846 is preferable

your misunderstanding me

Your misunderstanding me. I just want to know if i could run the server board as a standard windows system. I dont care about people connecting to me im only doing that board because it can hold 2 opterons. I just wanted to know if 2 of those on 1 board would be faster then the athlon 64 x2 4400+ yes or no thats all i wanted to know and how much faster it would be

hmmm that is indeed a very good question......i am totally not sure...mempf was a member here...he got his 400 dollar 2.0GHz dual core stabilized to 2.75 so are you gonna OC?

Wait...you are asking if you can runthe windows system at the same speed of an Athlon64 X2 right?

If so, then yes. It could be a little slower, but getting a more powerful CPU x2 could help. All you need to have is to play with the speeds.

Back
Top Bottom