sound problems!

wozelbeak

Daemon Poster
hi,
i have speakers on my monitor, and on my tower i have two ports for headphones. up until 24hrs ago i had stereo sound out of all three. now i can only get sound from the left speakers. however, if i pull out the jack on the headphones, then push it back home (but not completely all the way) i get sound from both speakers. unfortunately once the jack is pushed completely home it reverts back to sound from just the left.
i have tried the headphones in both front and back ports with no change.
i have removed the monitor jack into my p.c and tried the headphones in the same port with no change. i have an asus mobo with soundmax integrated sound. i have checked all of the sound settings , volume, ballance ect, ect and all seems in order. if i turn the ballance off on the left speaker, i get no sound at all. any ideas has to what could have gone amiss? i couldn't be the drivers could it? they have been ok for the last 12 months.
woz

I'd assume since it depends how it is plugged in that the ports at the back are becoming a bit faulty, since the stereo port would give left and right, then this could be the problem :(

I think that the ports all run to the same source at the back and this could be the problem.

To fix things fast, i'd if i were you, buy a PCI sound card for cheap (Soubnds Blaster Live possibly) and just plug it in, disable the onboard, and install drivers for the new. You'll also get better quality.

I can't say what could fix the ports, but i don't think its software related.

cheers cage, but i have alrrady ordered a soundblaster from micro direct. i guessed that i might as well get one rather than using the mobo one. i have messed with it all day and downloaded various drivers to no avail.
i will keep you posted.
woz

Kewl :) Yeah, A good sound blaster will beat any motherboard one anyway.

Back
Top Bottom