Video Card, need help.

Softtissue

Baseband Member
Ok, I need some help here. I have trouble running FEAR so I have decided to go with an Nvidia Geforce 6600 GT. Dont know which brand yet, but here is the issue I have. Earlier I installed my brothers Geforce 6600 GT to make sure my FEAR demo wasnt bad, it wasnt it ran fine. But I noticed on my desktop when i went to properties, then settings I could only go up to 1024 by 768. Now when my brother has it in his computer, his runs up to 1600 by whatever. Now can someone please tell me why his comp can run it on higher, on the SAME CARD. And btw, we both have 1 gig of ram, i have 2.8 ghz he has 3.0, we both have 160 gb hardrive, both raid. Please tell me whats up.

you might have a differnet driver installed than he does. also remember that the real FEAR will be more system demanding than the demo.

All drivers for nvidia are the same. I reinstalled the drivers when i put his in so it should not be the drivers.

i have no clue then. why does it matter anyways. at 1600by... it would be so small and hard to read.

I use 1280x1024 for my desktop, and that is as high as I go in games, any higher, and it just doesn't look any better to me.

You also have to consider the monitor technology. I have an LCD and even though I have a pretty good MSI 6600GT video card, the highest resolution i can get out of it is only a measly 1024x768.

High performance monitors can support higher resolutions.

Yup, that's why I made a post a few days ago regarding 19" LCD monitors. I spend so much time on a computer that the monitor is a virtual bulletin board for me.

Most 19" (even LCDs) can reach much higher resolutions. I'm looking to buy one sometime in the next few weeks. As soon as I can find a good one. :)

I currently have a 15" LCD monitor. Ouch...

What I think the thing is, is that I have a decent LCD screen, he has one of those old bulky pieces of crud. But his is like a 21" I think the reason his is so much better resolution is cause its a huge monitor. Do you know where to measure for monitor size? Left to right? Top to bottom? Or is it corner to corner?

Back
Top Bottom