Possiable to use 2 dlink usb adapter w 1 dlink 524 wireless router

Computerfreak14

In Runtime
well right now i have my desktop wireless and my sisters wired ..i have a dlink 524 wireless router. my pc is connected usein a dlink USB adapter..my question is can i purchase another usb adapter for my sisters desktop so i can move the modem and router down stairs so there is no wires running up stairrs...can i use 2 usb adapters and one wireless router?

TIA steve

yes

do the same steps you did with your current wireless adapter. Only concern I would have is the router signal strength coming from downstairs to upstairs. If you have various appliances within the path (i.e. refridgerator, washer/dryer) the metal may deflect the signal and degrade it.

what else can what be?

you asked if you can use another wireless usb adapter and connect to your router. The answer is yes.

Have you got the 2nd wireless and are now attempting to connect to your router with it, yet not having success?

have you entered the router information required on the machine with the new adapter?

are you seeing your router in the Wireless Networks Available list on that machine?

im gunna do a fresh setup im gunna disconnect mine so the router wont pic it up and and reinstall hers and she what happens

Back
Top Bottom