I want to change cases help?

vigtortoise

Beta member
Hi i have a 3.2 gigahert ASUS P5P800, w/ ati radeon 9600 graphics card, 512 mb ram.

I have been having some problems lately with first of all, i am getting this error called cyclic redunancy check when some i try to install programs that have to extract files, and i googled it and it said that it might be a ram problem, I have also been getting an error when i play cs source that says that says some memory error. I figured that all this was bad ram.

I have also been having a problem with my computer freezing up at random times? It moslty freezes when i play games. I think that there is a problem with my case, first there is no airflow, and there is only one fan. I think the problem is overheating system. I look at the system temperature and it usually varies between 60 degrees celsisus and 80 degrees celsisus which is very hot, it susally freezes at 80 degrees C.

So i called up some guys i new and i got 3 blue led fans, a new gaming cpu fan, and a new power supply to power all of those fans 420 watt.

I am looking on replacing the case with one with more airflow and putting on the fans and new cpu fan, and power supply.

I also wanted to reaplce the ram with a gig of ram. I hope that all of this works but i was wanodering if any of u would know if it was hard to do this? Changing cases and reweirng eerything,

It shouldn't be hard at all. Just make sure the case is the same form factor as the motherboard (probably ATX). You seem to know what you're doing, so it should be a breeze.

still having problems

I am still having problems with fgreezing whn i play games....

However i still havent replaced the ram and i thionk that might be the problem..

so i think once i replace the ram ill see wats happeneing and thatll tell me if that works or not

I also couldnt put hat gaming cpu fan because i didnt have a black bracket around my cpu that motherbaords are suppose to have to clip on the fans???? but ill try replacing ram first see if thats the problem

My cpu is saying its 50 celsiuis which i think isnt bad so....

Re: still having problems

vigtortoise said:
I am still having problems with fgreezing whn i play games....

However i still havent replaced the ram and i thionk that might be the problem..

so i think once i replace the ram ill see wats happeneing and thatll tell me if that works or not

I also couldnt put hat gaming cpu fan because i didnt have a black bracket around my cpu that motherbaords are suppose to have to clip on the fans???? but ill try replacing ram first see if thats the problem

My cpu is saying its 50 celsiuis which i think isnt bad so....

It's prolly the ram. Is the processor Intel or Amd? That 50 C is still quite high if it's the idle temp.

3.2GHz is an intel and 50C isnt to bad so i would say its the ram i suggest getting a GB of corsair or kingston and what cpu fan did u get??

Its a ram problem i would say, when i first got my PC all setup i had the same problem and it turned out i had one stick of memory in the wrong slow giving me the problems. I would suggest getting a new stick fo ram and testing it out.

Back
Top Bottom