SATA problems

E-Jipt

Baseband Member
My HD only hooks up through SATA, I have only one hd, I've tried hooking it up to the sata raid and regular sata port it still won't work. I will configure a raid array and it says the drive is functioning, and says nothing about it in bios though, when I try to install windows it says no hd is found. I dunno, it seems I've tried everything.

SATA drivers from your motherboard manufacturer are needed.

whats your mobo? brand and model. the one in your sig?

are you loading them on as you attempt to load windows pressing F6 as soon as the blue window comes up asking about third party drivers? typically the drivers are on a floppy and need to be loaded as you load your os. are you loading windows xp 32 bit or the new 64 bit os?

When you say that your mobo recognizes your drive, but windows doesn't, my first instinct was to think you werent getting the VIA SATA drivers loaded.

Yeah, I had this problem, too. Make sure that you turn RAID off since you won't be using it, and get those drivers onto a floppy. There should be a help file or a readme on the motherboard driver CD somewhere that tells you more specifically what to do.

I don't have a floppy and I don't understand what is meant by disable raid. Which port should I plug the SATA cable to? And then what should I do?

in your BIOS theres a place where you need to turn raid off. if you don't have a floppy drive i don't think you can load the drivers needed to get windows to see the HDD. it doesn't matter which SATA port you plug it into.

but there are four port, 2 black ones and two red ones, the red ones say raid, the others don;t. and there has to be another way to get it working wtf would my board read it and not the os, floppy's are outdated now and with sata being so new that wouldn't make since to need something so old.

As for setting up SATA devices, it's simple as setting up IDE devices. Just copy the OEM files from the supplied CD (the motherboard utility disc) to a floppy disk on another computer. Once that is done, pop that disk out and push F6 when prompted during the installation on your new PC.

Or, go here and download the SATA drivers for that board:

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?Type=All&model=A8V Deluxe

It's the 7th one down from the top.

Back
Top Bottom