New rig doesnt work

DJ Stephen

Fully Optimized
Hey, i came to start my computer i built and it doesnt work, nothing on screen and nothing except noise. I have just brought 2 brand new ram sticks so what can it be, the processor is new, fans work, case is new, etc.

Recheck everything... go step by step... check all connections through the power supply, then make sure the cpu is correctly insterted, the ram inserted in the right slots, the hard drive correctly installed and with the right connectors, the dvd and cd drives also with proper connections... and then the video... make sure the mobo's vid. card slot isn't damaged in any way... make sure the vid. card is properly insterted into the slot... and then make sure the lcd is in working order, along with the cables (dvi, vga, etc). If you've done all of this... and still issues... it could be an internal issue with the mobo....

also is your video running of your MOBO or video card. run it off your MOBO if it has onboard video.

my mobo doesnt have a built in video card, im relying on the one i have installed, BTW dishdog, The montior is on.

i didn't mean that,lol. i ment does it simulate like it isn't on. is there a message saying no signal or something along those lines.

Faulty connections with the hardware comes to mind, although other problems such as faulty video card and drivers is also a possibility

yeh but windows isnt installed dyserq, anyway the monitor it just on the orange stand by light, i get some beeps which are continuous lound / nto so loud. Supposedly its the processor but i know its working and inserted properly.

well if it's telling you it's the CPU then it's the CPU. some things come defective.

Back
Top Bottom