Sony Digital Camera

catalyst1

BSOD
Alright, I finally figured out which digital camera I want:

133116.jpg

The DSC-U10 (1.3 MPixels, pictured) or the DSC-U20 (2.0 MPixels).

Here's the thing, since it's an older model that Sony doesn't manufacture anymore, they're quite hard to come by, even on eBay. So I was wondering if either anyone has one they'd be willing to sell or if someone knows where I can get one relatively cheap. I REEEAAAALLLY want this cam..... LOOK HOW TINY IT IS!

And yes, I know it isn't the best image resolution, but I'm not planning on taking any super quality art pics with this. I just want a freakin' digital camera that takes good pictures. I love the brand (Sony rocks) and style, but the size is what sold me. So lemme know!

Im getting a sony camera too... im getting this one:

DSC-W7_STYLED_IM.jpg

7.2 megapixels!

id say its best to get a digi camera new rather than getting a second hand one... im sure sony will still do 2/3 megapixel cameras...

Not sure if this is true or not but I heard that to the human eye anything above 3 megapixels looks the same. Ofcourse u can see the difference if u enlarge the pic.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I'm watching a few auctions right now, but there aren't more than a handful of them on there. It's kind of disappointing to find the camera you want and find out it's not made anymore. :(

that sure is nice though!!! good luck on getting ypu hands on one! how much would you be expecting to pay for one of them babies??

Well, I was hoping that since it's so old and that it doesn't have the greatest features, I MIGHT be able to get it for under $50, but I don't think so. I guess low budgets and rare items don't mix. We'll see....

In regards to the Sony Cybershot digital camera shown above, I would not recommend it. My Aunt just bought that exact same camera. It's pretty small, but it handles like a bitch. Everytime you want to view a picture, there is a dial you have to turn. Everytime you have to do something, you have to turn the dial.

Also, everytime you take a picture, the stupid flash would flash for like 4-5 times before it actually takes the damn picture. My Aunt got so fed up with it that she returned it and got her money back. Was not satisfied. Instead she got the Kodak Easyshare series digital camera like I have. DX7630 model. Very easy to use, mostly push buttons instead of rotating the dials. The images are more colorful than Sony, it handles much better than Sony because SOny's camera are just too darn small.

With the Kodak, the picture is taken when you push the button. Not like Sony where you have to wait for the flash to flash like 5 times just to get the picture taken. Shesshhhh. I will never buy a Sony camera. Needs a significant amount of improvement for me to even consider their line of digital cameras.

The Sony camera that I am despising is the the 7.2 MP one that MarkThorpe shows in the picture above. Unless you have a lot of patience, then get it. The Sony memory stick is very proprietary. My Kodak uses two kinds of memory cards: the SD card, and the MMC card. Very common. I find myself exchanging the disk back and forth between my PDA, digital camera, and my laptop. How's that for compatiblity?

Back
Top Bottom