Baystack 350T configuration

adamorris

Baseband Member
I know how to use the console interface if the switch already has an IP but the problem I am having is I cannot get onto the console interfacein the first place because the switches dont have an IP.... therefore I cannot telnet into them. How can I get onto the console interface? I have a laptop with a serial cable.... I have tried using ZOC and another emulation program but I dont know how to get it connected without and IP???? Someone please help if you can!!!

Thanks!!!!

I may be able to help if i understand what you are trying to do... You are trying to find the IP address of the switch in order to configure it to allow telneting? Is this correct?

Not really, I want to be able to configure an IP for it. by default there is no IP with it when it comes out the box. I want to connect to it and put one in. I dont know how to connect to it without and IP address.

Thanks, I will try. I dont have XP but have 2000 and it has Hyperterminal on it. I will let you all know what happens. Thanks!

tried through hyperterminal and still nothing. It said connected but could not type anything in the command prompt. I know the keyboard works but somehow it wasn't getting a connection. I tried another cable and still nothing.

Back
Top Bottom