AMD and my dilemma

jac006 is completely right about socket 939. It is thinking ahead at the more upgradeable situations. Socket A only supports what? Duron, Sempron , XP , AND XP-M? Socket 939 is supporting Athlon 64's Athlon 64 FX's and the dual cores which are out now which will continue to support gods of technology. Gett socket 939

edit- i cant type :(

The fact remains---

I am going Athlon XP BECAUSE its proven that AT THE MOMENT 32 bit programs run much slower and 16 bits will not even be compatible like I said in my first post... I am not going to take advantage over the 3-4 Gigs of ram because my friend does not have the money to support it nore does he even need it... This is not about braging rights here---We all know that 64bit is usless right now... so many of you missed the point

(from my first post)

"AMD athlon XP 3000+

I have been leaning on MSI and AbIt motherboards but I have heard alot of good things from asus -moreso EpoX for its overclocking ....

So whats the choice motherboard in your eyes for this situation?"

TRDCorolla said:
Windows Vista will have a 32-bit version and a 64-bit version I believe. I would get the 64-bit (dual cores even) hardware ready because there's no sense on spending money to build something that old. Unless of course, it's for budget purposes.

My choice of motherboards are MSI and ....that's it. Check out this bad boy for that Athlon XP CPU:

MSI K7N2 Delta2 Platinum Socket A (Socket 462) NVIDIA nForce2 Ultra 400 ATX AMD Motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813130458

I saw that board but I have heard people say that it gets a bit unstable after a low ratio overclock... is this true?

I hear just the opposite. The ASUS A7N8X Deluxe have problems OCing when trying to OC pass 200MHz FSB, but then again, some people will counter that. I still feel MSI boards are best at everything (stability and OCing).

I have an athlon xp 2800+ and and asus a7n8x board. I cannot overclock it a bit but dont really want to. If you are looking to just have a computer for your friend I would totally go with asus. I have heard good things about MSI, ASUS, and ABIT but I am partial to ASUS since I have one. My board is great, have had it for almost 3 years now and never had any problems. The newer ASUS boards that are out for Athlon XP might even be better than mine so I would check it out and really consider ASUS. Just my opinion though.....

do yuo already have the processor? cuz i could sell you mine its the 400fsb one.
the best ocing board would have to be an epox. if no oc go with an nforce 2 of some brand preferrably a major one like asus and abit and msi.

Back
Top Bottom