Yay my first computer build!!! andit's not working.

draconum

Daemon Poster
hey everybody, I've gotten my first problem with my computer.
heres my problem: http://www.msicomputer.com/support/sup_tshoot.asp#1_4 go there and down to where the " What are the LED definitions of D-Bracket?" part is and then I have the lights showing up as: " Memory Detection Test
- Testing onboard memory size. The D-LED will hang if the memory module is damaged or not installed properly"

What do I do!?!?!?

Chris

you might have gotten the wrong type of memory that might not be compatible with your motherboard or the memory is not good

yeah I'm gonna take my whole comptuer back possibly get different ram and make sure it works while I'm there at the place!
but atleast I'm going in the morning..
I just can't wait untill I get it working and start playing guild wars. :p

Chris

Yeah, try another slot if you haven't already. Some motherboards are finnicky like that. Otherwise, it sounds like bad/incompatible memory.

Computergen said:
Make sure both the sticks are in the same colored slots.

Yeah I did exactly what the manual for the mother board said for putting in ram, then I tried ever other possible combination and it still didn't work. So I'm thinking it's the ram, so I'm taking it into the computer shop today get new ram make sure it works there... and then bring it home and setup the rest of my computer.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom