Is this possible?

bulldog1256

Beta member
Some websites have forms where you fill out your email address and your friend's email address. Press submit and it sends the friend an email simply stating "You should check out this website"......that's easy enough

But, would it be possible to build a script for a person to fill in their screen name and press submit. when they press submit an IM is sent to every person on their buddy list that is online that says "hey check out this site". Simultaneously entering the buddy names into a database so that if that person does it again, the IM will only be sent to the people who weren't online before and now are online.
If it is possible, what kind of language would you use and can anyone here do it?

actually simpler versio of what I was looking for is in your signatures. When you press on the AIM symbol it opens a new IM. So I guess this website is spamming?
Don't always jump to conclusions, and if you think the question was unclear, ask before you assume

No, it is not spamming. This opens the Instant message window but does NOT send the message like viruses most of the time do.

the language you'd use would be vbscript,
it's only work on windows based machine.
it'd only work if there were no virus scanner.
it wouldn't work on any xp-sp2 machines because of the spyware blocker.

the way it would work would be just the same as any other mass email virus (I know that this isn't going to be a virus, but the principal is the same).

you use the script to open outlook.
then you look at the address book objects,
then you use outlook to send emails...

you couldn't (and shouldn't) have their address book entries submitted to your server or database because thats private infomation...

Back
Top Bottom