game is choppy

championvette

Beta member
i just bought half life 2 and it is choppy and slow. does this mean i need a new graphics card, i have ge force 5200. i had enough space on my drive but only have 3.2 gb left. any suggestions?

It's definitely video, unless you have 512mb of ram and you run programs in the background... what are the specs of your comp? If you want... we could find you a better vid. card that would play hl2 at better settings... I have mine and I play at highest settings with no lag at all...
This is in the wrong area too... this should be moved to hardware...

championvette said:
i just bought half life 2 and it is choppy and slow. does this mean i need a new graphics card, i have ge force 5200. i had enough space on my drive but only have 3.2 gb left. any suggestions?

We need the specs of ur pc, but yes u might want to get a new vid card. I'd suggest a 6600GT. It's not too expensive (maybe something like $150) and u can run HL2 with no lag at all. (the no lag ofcourse depending on other hardware too but atleast the vid card wont slow u down)

daemon said:
We need the specs of ur pc, but yes u might want to get a new vid card. I'd suggest a 6600GT. It's not too expensive (maybe something like $150) and u can run HL2 with no lag at all. (the no lag ofcourse depending on other hardware too but atleast the vid card wont slow u down)

Considering which resolution he runs it at...

I've got that vid card.

It is rubbish, there's no other way of describing it.

Back
Top Bottom