ram overclocking question

-Paul-

Fully Optimized
how do you over clock ram

if this helps i have pc2700 ram:
2-256mb pieces
1-512mb piece

I believe when you increase the FSB (Front Side Bus) It overclocks the RAM and CPU. Don't go about overclocking RAM if you don't have great cooling or some heatspreaders. I am not sure about the overclocking thing so don't OC yet until you get some more peoples opinions.

Computergen said:
I believe when you increase the FSB (Front Side Bus) It overclocks the RAM and CPU. Don't go about overclocking RAM if you don't have great cooling or some heatspreaders. I am not sure about the overclocking thing so don't OC yet until you get some more peoples opinions.
what is the FSB and do i increase it

The fsb is what your cpu and ram talk through basically. The faster they talk the more goes through. You have to adjust it in your bios if it will let you. Know what youre doing first though, can be hazardous to you comps health.

If you decide to OC make sure to raise your FSB(Front side bus) by small increments, like about 3-5 each try... You basically raise your FSB for extra Mhz and for timings you raise votage and latency... To do timings raise voltages by .25-.5 each time and try getting your ram as low as 2-2-2-5(lowest possible) Biggest performance factor if you want to oc is the CAS latency BTW. If you oc try doing the CAS first.

WARNING: also... if overclocking anything besides memory make sure to set them back to defaults first.

Back
Top Bottom