Powering up issuses

hmm, sounds stupid but are the Power Switch cables plugged in? Sounds like a stupid mistake but it does indeed happen.

Yea, the 20 pin and the 4 pin are both in, I've tried with and without plugging power the the hd and writers, nothing. Earlier I plugged it up without a cpu and the fan came on. But now it won't either way.

I think you may have screwed up quite a bit by doing that. Maybe fried the CPU. In the future I would never start the computer without the heatsink attached, I know it said it in my Motherboard manual but it might not have in yours.

So how should I go about finding out if it's fried? And why aren't the fans turning on when a boot it w/o a cpu?

hmm Cannot explain the second part, but contact either Newegg, Asus, or AMD or all 3 and see if there is any determination on what you can do. This may not seem like the right thing to do but if they ask if you started it without a heatsink, you started it with their heatsink properly secured :).

Second though, don't contact newegg I don't think they could help you much unless you are RMAing your CPU.

Man thanks for all the help, I found out the problem. The Cmos jumper fell off. I put it back on the viola, it works fine, I'm in BIOS as we speak.

Obscene word deleted, once more & you're barred.
enough.gif

LOL, the CMOS jumper or the actual CMOS battery? Well, good luck with it! Either way I wouldn't start the computer without the heatsink properly affitted to the CPU.

startin a comp without the heatsink on will burn the cpu and cause permanent damage, and if you put a heatsink on with thermal paste, then take it off again, you need to take off the old paste and apply a new layer.

Back
Top Bottom