Strange Problem

xKRAYOLAx

Baseband Member
Hey everybody. i recently bought a amd athlon 3400 64bit computer. its 2.4 ghz and it has 512 mb of ram. now heres the problem. when i go to the control panel and click on computer or wtvr, it says i only hav 1.8 ghz and 384 mb of ram. no i am not being scammed :p i checked the computers bios and it says specifically 512 mb of ram and 2.4 ghz... wtf???

Try programs like everest. And try benchmarking the processor and compare the results with other who have the same CPU. I don't think that there is a big problem here because BIOS should be always right.

Well, I dunno about that speed for the cpu... but maybe you have intergrated video. That takes up some of the ram. Hence, the name, integrated. A seperate video card woul free up your ram. Or another stick of 512mb.

Running at 1.8 could be because 'cool and quiet' utility slows it automatically to run smoother, or a jumper on the motherboard should be set...

ok heres the deal: im in everest. in system overview, it says that my processor is at 2.4 ghz (or at least the processor has 2.4 ghz of power) when i chek the overclocking thing, it says 1.8 ghz -_- also i dont kno wher to find out whether i hav integrated video or not... thanks for replies btw.

edit: ok it says i hav a sis accelerated integrated thing... guess thats the prob 4 memory?

edit 2: ok i also see more o_O ok in memory it says total memory: 383 mb, but in spd, it says i hav a memory stick of 512 mb of ram

edit 3: jus benchmarked the processor it says i hav an amd athlon 64 bit processor wit 2400 mhz clock speed

Back
Top Bottom