Powering up issuses

E-Jipt

Baseband Member
Yea, I'm kinda of new to building PC's. I bought all the parts and hooked them up. Execpt the heatsink, I powered it on and it booted up it powered up and entered the BIOS and then turned off. Too hot. Now it won't turn on. I'm working with an AMD64 3000+ and ASUS AV8 Deluxe. Also I was looking at my mom's PC that was built for her and I took off the heatsink to look at it, but it was glued to the CPU, I put it back but her's isn't booting up either. Any suggestions, thanks, I know I fucked up probably.

AHHHH!!!! You cannot start a computer without the heatsink properly attached to the processor!!!!! IT SAYS THAT EVERYWHERE!!!!! in eveyr manual!

The glue was thermal paste or a thermal pad, Try putting some arctic silver 5 or another thermal pad back onto her heatsink and then put it on, if it doesnt work, then bring it back to the store and you know NOTHING! ;)

Yea, my manuel said nothing of the heatsink needing to, I wasn't planning on running the pc, I just wanted to see if it powered up. So yea, what do I have to do to fix it?

I fixed my mom's pc, I was going to try that but I was waiting for her to go to work. It's up and running fine.

I have a Asus A8V Deluxe VIA K8T800Pro socket 939 Motherboard and a socket 939 AMD64 3000+ I also have an Amd64 heatsink and fan now.

nothing, I plug it up and the board led comes on, that's it. Nothing happens when I use the power switch.

Back
Top Bottom