need help with possible vid card problem?

No1nfoProvided

Solid State Member
ill describe my problem.
this problem happens mostly with games. when i was playing teh F.E.A.R. demo, red dots start showing up outta nowhere and then after about 3 minutes, my computer crashes.
also, splinter cell: chaos theory has its 3d shapes warps and the same crashing occurs after a couple minutes.
this problem does happen on games like warcraft 3 or anything
im running on an amd athlon xp 2500+ with gigabyte 7vt600 mobo. 1.5 gb of ram (1 gb corsair, 512 kingston) with a western digital 250gb hd. my vid card is a ati radeon 9800 pro 128 mb.
anybody know whats wrong?
any help would be much appreciated.

is your vid card overclocked? sounds like artifacts to me your vid card might be overheating, what fans do u have on your case?

no, my vid card is not overclocked,
i shouldnt have any problems with overheating cause i left both sides of my case open, so i dunno, avg temperature is always less than a 100 degrees

try upgrading the drivers to the most recent ones because all your problems seem to be happening with the newer games so a driver update is probably needed

already updated all the drivers and reinstalled directx 9.0c.... tried a new game also. in dungeon siege 2, the screen goes black after a while and then computer freezes..
ill try putting covers back on, but i dont have the big fan in front (jsut the two small ones in back) so i dunno if its gonna overheat.

Back
Top Bottom