I'm not getting any sound!!

No, it's not similar. Onboard sound has two jumpers...when removed, there is no sound unless you plug something in it

lhuser said:
Wait a sec....

Did you removed two jumpers from the mobo? Did you remover them for the front audio if you habve one? if it's that, the no wonder why you don't get sound

What do you mean by jumpers? I removed 2 little things so I could hookup the front speaker jacks, but I never hooked them up and I never put the 2 little things back on.

lhuser said:
No, it's not similar. Onboard sound has two jumpers...when removed, there is no sound unless you plug something in it

What do these jumpers look like?

Those little things u speak of...Are proably the jumpers. They are littl thinks that cap ontop of certian part of the card, which bridge them with a small peice of wire found in the top of the "little thing"

Ritts said:
Those little things u speak of...Are proably the jumpers. They are littl thinks that cap ontop of certian part of the card, which bridge them with a small peice of wire found in the top of the "little thing"

That was them... I put them back on and everything is fine. I have speaker and headphone jacks for the front of my case. Can anyone tell me how to hook them up? I'm confused by all the wires.

There should be a connection wire (like the adio wire you connected from ur CD ROM to the card), comming from the fround of the case, find that and connect. Done.

Ritts said:
There should be a connection wire (like the adio wire you connected from ur CD ROM to the card), comming from the fround of the case, find that and connect. Done.

They are all little single connectors and I dont' know what order they need to be in.

U need to find ur mother boad manual...or look up a motherboard map on the internet, they will tell u where to go.

They should have writting on the sides of them right? Make sure the wirtting alway faces inside...

.... <<<Thos are pins, the wirtting with face eachother.

Back
Top Bottom