pixel pipelines

Gamingfreak

Fully Optimized
ive read that people unlock pixel pipelines on their graphics cards and i wana know if i can do that on mine i have an evga 6800gt and i think it has 16 pipelines does that mean i could have more?

I doubt it. I believe the card with the highest amount of pixel pipelines is the 7800GTX with 24. I have 12 on my 6800LE but can unlock up to 8 more. Check out a program called RivaTuner and see if you can unlock some!

ok 1 more question does having more pixel pipelines make it a lot better or wont it be noticeable?

the 6800 has a max of 16 pipes and u can unlock 4 on the le version. u cant unlock any more on the gt

pipelines have a very big effect on performance its not jus speed or the amnt of mem

Nope. The 6800 series only has 16 pixel pipelines and 6 vertex shaders MAXIMUM. So if you have a 6800 GT, all you can do is overclock it. You can probably overclock it to Ultra speeds or faster because the GT is like a down-toned Ultra anyways.

If you want more pipelines upgrade to the 7800 GTX you'll have 24 pixel pipelines. Or you can even wait for the ATI Radeon R520 (X900?) to come out...last I heard, the R520 is gonna have up to 32 pixel pipelines.

Back
Top Bottom