Reformating with a A8V-E Deluxe PCIe motherboard

the_person

Baseband Member
Hey people,

I've recently heard that with my current motherboard A8V-E Deluxe and two SATA drives I need to install my RAID drivers before my operating system Windows XP, im a n00b to all this reformating and bios stuff so a guide on how to install these drivers on my hard-drive before my operating system would be a great help!! Thanx guys...

When installing XP it will say Press F6 to install additional RAID or SCSI drivers. Hit F6 and make sure u have ur RAID floppy!

Hmmm... i'm having trouble fitting the drivers onto a normal floppy, is there no way I can bang it onto disc and do it that way instead?

the_person said:
Hmmm... i'm having trouble fitting the drivers onto a normal floppy, is there no way I can bang it onto disc and do it that way instead?

I can't see why it wouldn't work. The windows install should not need the win xp cd while u install the RAID drivers.
But u might want to get a confirmation about someone, because I am not 100% sure.

I really need a definate answer because if i do reformat it, try to install the RAID drivers and they wont, the hard-drives will both corrupt and i'll be stuck with no computer...

They wont go corrupt. Use one for now. Then install windows on that with normal sata drivers. Then install the 2nd hard drive and dont form a raid. Let windows auto detect it then format it in Windows allowing you to save files on that hard drive so if the one with the operating system messes up you can reformat and keep the files on the other hard drive :)

Back
Top Bottom