How do I upgrade my video card?

Everest Home Edition, download it, search google. And find a video card compatible of the current slot AGP, PCI, or PCI-E and replace it!

whats an AGP or PCI? I have a Dell Dimensions desktop thats all I really know,

agp is the graphic port on your motherboard. So is pci express. pci is just a port for all different sorts of things, like slow graphic card, sound cards, more usb ports, firewire ports, t.v. tuners, wireless cards, etc. Use the link I provided, scan your computer. Then go to display and click on the subtabs... there should be your port there, whether it be agp or pci ex. How old is your comp? If it's more than a year old... most likely agp. Less than a year... most likely pci ex. How expensive was it? All these quesions could help in deciding if you don't really know. Everest should tell you though... look around.

Does anyone know if the Rumors are ture that Video cards are going to start being made on PCI rather then AGP?

What? dude... where've you been. They already are. Pci express that is. Agp is outta date. Is this a joke or something? I hope not... if it's honest, then well, lemme tell you that the rumor is true and pci ex. cards are out there and in the flesh. Agp is old... pci cards are just bad... pci ex. is the way to go. If this way a joke... what a waste of post.

Back
Top Bottom