Nik00117

Fully Optimized
Okie dokie specs
ASUS mobo Supports Anthlon XP/ Duron / Sempron Socket A
Ram 512 DDR 400
GPU Geforce 5200
CPU AMD 1.2 GHz
CDROM toshiba somthing

Now I redid this computer wiht my old parts. Now our first guess was erm maybe its the HD well it nots. I even loaded XP onto the same HD on my computer (but drivers weren't the same) then we put teh HD back into the older computer started it up with new cables for teh HD. WEll Windows setup got past everything then when it said windows is starting up you know right after it loads the drivers, and such. It just won't go anywhere. Now we are willing to spend money to fix this (small ammount no more then 100 bucks) what do you think it is. I really need some help here.

I'm just glad my computer wasn't this difficult to setup

Also CPU temp was at 44 C which to me is kinda high. I did once remove the CPU from the Heatskin just for the heck off it i playing around. But i figure if the CPU can make it to load all the drivers and such why can't it get to the installtion of installing XP.

Memory is fine. It should be. Its in the same slot that it was before. Only been removed and reinstalled and so on. HDD its a maxtor 120 GB.

I'll try that. But if this HD worked on this computer BEFORE. And the same HD used to be on this mobo before! And If I could run the HD on my COMPUTER then wouldn't it make sense that its not a HD problem? And possibly a mobo or CPU problem? But I will run the tests on my computer. But my floppy has crapped out so I don't have a floppy. Also do I need to reapply the thermal paste. I once removed the CPU from the heatskin.

It could be a major hardware change...I added another 512MB stick and my Geforce 5200 to my other comp until I got the board, ASUs P4P800, and Windows doesn't boot.

But re-installing didn't worked? it crashed?

If you got oanother OS bootable CD, try it...if it installs, then your Cd has corruptions

I've done that. Tired of toubleshooting it. My dad knows some guys at works that owuld love to work on it. He is taking it to them.

Back
Top Bottom