Hey there,

Im kinda new to this, but i bought a new system, its a:

Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz
NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 with AGP8X
Realtek AC'97 Audio
Total Physical Memory 1.00 GB
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. Model 8S648FX-775
Microsoft Windows XP SP2

With all of this im getting a score of about 1750 is this good or bad? can anyone please help me on improving this score, as i see everyone elses scores and there all at about 4000.

Thank You

Your score is low because your graphics card isn't as good.

I have no idea why you have such a low graded video card, while your other components aren't that bad.

Re:

So these scores are purely for video cards? is there a test to actually test the computer speed? cause i bought the computer new and wanted to know if its running at the proper speed.....i got a bad video card cause i dont play games alot therefor just used the video card that i alread had in the system before. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good but cheap video card better than mine?

Read the test's title..

3Dmark03.

Depends what you consider cheap.

100 dollars = GeForce 5700
70 dollars =GeForce 5200

There are more expensive ones, but I thought anything over 100 bucks isn't cheap.

Re

So a 5200 is better than what i got? im willing to spend about 150-200 what kind of card can i get for that?

Yeah, that would get you around 3000-4000. A nice card, btw. Too bad it's only 128mb, like mine. I would get 1000 more marks if I have 256mb. Of course, it's 256bit so it's still fast... lol. Yeah.

Back
Top Bottom