What song are u listening to atm.

cantona said:
yellowsnowman i didnt say i liked elton john in fact i said "his genre of music does not appeal to me" but i also said that i concede that he is a legend of music (eg he was knighted because of it)...

now to the "crap you listen to comment"....unfortunately it seems i have not posted a reply yet in this thread to inform people of what i listen to but it seems, via your magnifecent telepathic abilites, you have viewed my mind and subsequently my music tastes. Well done Yellowsnowman you are truly gifted in the art of .....(put what you wish here as long as it is negative)

Perhaps Yellowsnowman i will list my music tastes now as i believe others of this forum should not miss out on what you have amazingly visioned...

Ok here goes (on my media player right now) :

Lou Reed- Take A Walk On The Wildside (in top 100 of greatest songs of all time)
Lou Reed- Last Great American Whale (also in top 100)
The Pixies- Doolittle (in top 10 of top 100 albums of the 80's)

man now that i look at it, it is quite a crap selection (sarcastic)...i should have something in the top 5...maybe i could borrow your playlist Yellowsnowman...oh whats that?...damn nothing you listed seems to rank at all...oh well better luck next time...

Yes because public opinion should overpower an individuals opinion.

Mental Liberator said:
Yes because public opinion should overpower an individuals opinion.

thankyou for stating the meaning of democracy (despite its lack of context)

cantona said:
yellowsnowman i didnt say i liked elton john in fact i said "his genre of music does not appeal to me" but i also said that i concede that he is a legend of music (eg he was knighted because of it)...

now to the "crap you listen to comment"....unfortunately it seems i have not posted a reply yet in this thread to inform people of what i listen to but it seems, via your magnifecent telepathic abilites, you have viewed my mind and subsequently my music tastes. Well done Yellowsnowman you are truly gifted in the art of .....(put what you wish here as long as it is negative)

Perhaps Yellowsnowman i will list my music tastes now as i believe others of this forum should not miss out on what you have amazingly visioned...

Ok here goes (on my media player right now) :

Lou Reed- Take A Walk On The Wildside (in top 100 of greatest songs of all time)

man now that i look at it, it is quite a crap selection (sarcastic)...i should have something in the top 5...maybe i could borrow your playlist Yellowsnowman...oh whats that?...damn nothing you listed seems to rank at all...oh well better luck next time...

You're judging music by charts now? Funny, since if I remember rightly Evanescence and Linkin Park have got a few number 1's in many different countries over their years; and Linkin Parks album "Hybrid Theory" is considered a classic among many. So, by your justification, Linkin Park are a good band, because, like your list, many people like them.

Seriously, stop trying to make it look as if your music taste is better than everyone elses. :-/

HAHAHAHA if you look closely at my post you will see that none of the songs i have listed have anything to do with number 1's and 2's etc. They are rated some of the best songs of all time but never did i mention if you got to number 1 on the radio you are considered a good and classic band. I assume when you say Linkin Park and Evanescense have got a few 1' and 2's in there time you are referring to 1's and 2's on the radio. Hell, i dont need to assume simply because it is quite clear you didnt mean them getting number 1 in top 100 songs of all time.....that would be just ludicrous now wouldnt it...

oh come on im not a "dumba" (as yellowsnowman kindly pointed out...) of course i knew it was sarcasm...although it is quite hard to pick up sarcasm in written text....and i was pointing out the fact that what you said was the definition of democracy...where the overwhelming majority over rules the individual.

Cantona, what are you talking about?

damn nothing you listed seems to rank at all...oh well better luck next time...

You actually think that just because it was in the top 100 of all time that it's good? Pixies are mediocre and as for Lou Reed, that's just like slowly pressing feces into my ear, and once that fecal matter touches my ear drum, it would combust. Don't use public opinions and ranking and then say "Man I never said anything about 1's and 2's"

well ive seen it all...The Pixies getting called mediocre...*sigh*

as for the ones and twos part of your reply...i said ones in twos in the context of getting 1's and 2's on the radio....im talking about getting ranked by 1000 of musical peers as one of the greatest God damn songs of all f***ing time! not bursting throught he pop charts for a couple of months or so as in he case of Linkin Park.

cantona said:
well ive seen it all...The Pixies getting called mediocre...*sigh*

as for the ones and twos part of your reply...i said ones in twos in the context of getting 1's and 2's on the radio....im talking about getting ranked by 1000 of musical peers as one of the greatest God damn songs of all f***ing time! not bursting throught he pop charts for a couple of months or so as in he case of Linkin Park.

Once again, just because the public says it's the best song of the century, doesn't mean it is.

Back
Top Bottom