CD-RWs: Can you delete a single file on the CD?

Windex1

In Runtime
I'm getting a read-only error when I try to delete a file from a CD-RW.

I thought my CD-RWs could have files individually deleted, perhaps I'm wrong?

I'm using...

CD-RW650HS
Sony Brand
4x-10x

the program you use to burn cd's might have closed the cd after the burning process....you dont have to close the cd if you want to delete individual files...

yeah you should be able to delete them individually. i just open up the nero window where the files are and can delete them from there. what burning software are you using??

If you're using Nero like I am, you won't be able to delete files individually. You can only delete everything at once with a CD-RW disc.

I quite sure that it works using nero??? i just delete the file then burn the cd again wit the file deleted. it seems to work.

Unfortunately, my version of Nero Xpress 6 doesn't work that way. The only option I am faced with is erasing the entire CD, if it is CD rewriteable. If its a CD+R, I can't delete anything. Only add files to it if I set it as a multisession disc.

Do you have the same version? If so, I like to know how to individually delete files without erasing the whole CD.

i think that is the same one i have although i have some StartSmart screen and u can select cd or dvd then u go into the dvd one as if you were burning stuff onto the dvd and just delect the files from the window that are already on the dvd then click burn. it seems to work

or you can use InCD....it will allow you to delete files individually....also it will allow you to rename files on cd...

Back
Top Bottom