What song are u listening to atm.

Slayer said:
Damn right - to me, Roots owns all Seps albums. It's a shame Max went on to make Soulfly; they've never compete to Sepultura in my opinion.

Though I will admit to kind of liking Roorback, a few tracks off that album (especially "Mind War") really stuck out.

Hey Slayer, you listen to Unearth or Discharge?

NP: Bane - Forked Tongue

I've heard a few songs by Unearth and the music is good, but for some reason I'm not too keen on the vocals. As for Discharge, haven't heard any of their stuff. Know anywhere where I can give em a listen?

EDIT: Just heard their song "Massacre in Philadelphia - not bad, I must say.

Now playing: American Head Charge - Loyalty

Mental Liberator said:
You probably don't like rap because you only listen to stuff that MTV has to offer. If you actually cared to be less narrow minded and look for good rap then you would probably like it. Artists like

A Tribe Called Quest
Hieroglyphics
Sage Francis
Jedi Mind Tricks
Canibus
MF Doom

And so on, if you've heard these artists and listened to their albums and still say a whole genre of music sucks, then I can respect your opinion.

Hm, unfortunately I don't watch MTV, and I don't have Cable, so whatever. BTW, I'm not narrow-minded, I just loathe Rap in general.

Mental Liberator said:
You probably don't like rap because you only listen to stuff that MTV has to offer. If you actually cared to be less narrow minded and look for good rap then you would probably like it. Artists like

A Tribe Called Quest
Hieroglyphics
Sage Francis
Jedi Mind Tricks
Canibus
MF Doom

And so on, if you've heard these artists and listened to their albums and still say a whole genre of music sucks, then I can respect your opinion.

Well I can honestly say that I have heard of only 2 of those "artist"
and only 1 song from 1 of those two, no songs from the other.
But I can also honestly say that I don't want to hear their music, they might be one of the best in the whole rap genre, but it still doesn't make them sound good to my ears.

What's wrong with rap? Why do you guys hate it so much?

And please don't say "Because all they talk about is bitches and money, and how they treat women badly." Because the thing is, most artists are that way, they may sing about how sad they are or how pathetic their lives but it's fake. Mainstream rappers and mainstream emo bands are exactly the same, they may have a different style, but what they want and aim for is the same. Money, woman, and fame.

And just for the record, the artists that I listed don't talk about women and money.

Mental Liberator said:

And please don't say "Because all they talk about is bitches and money, and how they treat women badly." Because the thing is, most artists are that way, they may sing about how sad they are or how pathetic their lives but it's fake. Mainstream rappers and mainstream emo bands are exactly the same, they may have a different style, but what they want and aim for is the same. Money, woman, and fame.

And just for the record, the artists that I listed don't talk about women and money.

Why are you so uptight about it? Lighten up...sheesh. :rolleyes: After all it's our opinion. Just because you like Rap doesn't mean that everyone has to like it some way or the other.

Mental Liberator said:

I am not saying that there is anything wrong with rap, I just don't like it.

yellowsnowman i didnt say i liked elton john in fact i said "his genre of music does not appeal to me" but i also said that i concede that he is a legend of music (eg he was knighted because of it)...

now to the "crap you listen to comment"....unfortunately it seems i have not posted a reply yet in this thread to inform people of what i listen to but it seems, via your magnifecent telepathic abilites, you have viewed my mind and subsequently my music tastes. Well done Yellowsnowman you are truly gifted in the art of .....(put what you wish here as long as it is negative)

Perhaps Yellowsnowman i will list my music tastes now as i believe others of this forum should not miss out on what you have amazingly visioned...

Ok here goes (on my media player right now) :

Lou Reed- Take A Walk On The Wildside (in top 100 of greatest songs of all time)
Lou Reed- Last Great American Whale (also in top 100)
The Pixies- Doolittle (in top 10 of top 100 albums of the 80's)

man now that i look at it, it is quite a crap selection (sarcastic)...i should have something in the top 5...maybe i could borrow your playlist Yellowsnowman...oh whats that?...damn nothing you listed seems to rank at all...oh well better luck next time...

Back
Top Bottom