HELP! No Sound.

Ok. Im working on my dads computer trying to get some sound. It wont even make system sounds. I went through the whole system32 File just trying to see if i could find the folder. Im not using a sound card. Just a intergrated. Mixer. It says i dont have a mixer device. Anyone know where i can get one. Free of charge. I found one 30$. NOOOO WAY!
So here i am sitting on my ass just waiting for an answer anyone can help me please!

what you mean you need a mixer...if your sound card is integrated...then you dont need any other device...may be you dont have drivers....try installing the latest drivers....and if you mean sound card...then I am sorry....I dont think you can get a free sound card...

No what i am saying is the mixer Sound driver is not running i can not even adjust the volume. It is intergrated. BUT. The drivers are missing. I just need a place to install them. If anyone has a www.website.com then can you tell me it i need them bad>.<

if you need drivers....then you need to tell us what sound card you have..including model number (or name)

Sound cards are dirt cheap.
15$ will get you a card that will do the job.
however, your probably better off looking at your motherboard booklet or reading about your motherboard on the site to find the type of sound it has.
if your board came with a cd, then normally it should come with drivers for it. poke around.
if you know what kind of sound chip you have, then just http://www.google.com/ MAN!
you should find it.
another place could be www.driverguide.com

Well weve had this computer since 2000. And we do not have the booklets or anything. My dad doesnt mind sound but my laptop power cord just shorted out and i need some games. Im a sound addict. I cant play games without sound. I dont have any of the software that came with it www.google.com gave me some wakkoo sites. AND. I'm cheap. And figure find the program=Sound. JUST CANT FIND IT!!!!!!!!

do you know the brand and model of your mother board?
and I hear ya dude.. I love sound... and would die w/o it..

Cant find im still looking It is called a Mixer Device.
I found the hardware it says its working properly i cant update it. And i cant change the sound Bar. Its making me mad maybe tommorrow I can get a new cord.

Laptop. I wouldnt of made the thread if i had the cord. It just shorted out and a new one is 80$. I could purchase one tom. Im thinking of just need the cash :( it sucks not to play UT2004 Cause my profile has over 5000 kills

Back
Top Bottom