wireless Networking help.

draconum

Daemon Poster
Ok, my moms concidering buying a wireless networking system, but I just want to know somethign because I have an xbox and don't wana buy a $200 xbox wireless adaptor. can two wireless routers talk to reach other? one with the source of the internet the other by a computer and xbox getting a internet connection from the other one at the source of the internet?
I would like an answer to this.
Thanks.

Chris

Yes if they are both configured
Just think of the xbox as a normal computer, they are both sending each other packets of data
I've never tried this and don't have a xbox so i would need a second opinion ;)

I looked into this a bit more, and it seems like I would need somethign like a bridge?
is this correct?

Chris

as far as I know about wireless networking...bridge is not a hardware....you need to establish(Bridge) connections between the two routers.....correct me if I am wrong....

Why would you need two routers for? One will do the job for the XBOX and Internet access by PCs. Get the D-Link wireless router. They support the X-Box and PCs in combination.

well my mom wants to have the internet source at my computer, and then my xbox is in another room which will soon be moved downstairs and when that happens I just connect my computer and xbox to the bridge or what ever. thats why I was asking.

Chris

Here's my wireless setup, I'm connected to Xbox live:

Wireless Router downstairs hooked up to the pc and modem, Wireless Ethernet bridge 802.11b (Make sure it matches your router and that its xbox live compatible), the bridge is then connected to my xbox, works fine and has done for weeks now.

SirVal said:
Here's my wireless setup, I'm connected to Xbox live:

Wireless Router downstairs hooked up to the pc and modem, Wireless Ethernet bridge 802.11b (Make sure it matches your router and that its xbox live compatible), the bridge is then connected to my xbox, works fine and has done for weeks now.

Ok thanks.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom