Funny Story

Nik00117

Fully Optimized
Well this story wasn't so funny for the poor kid. Well anyways this kid has put his brand new spanking computer toghter. Very costly. Think parts were about 1,800 for him. WEll he got it up and running. Then he saw (he lived in teh UK) his PSU was at 240 the correct voltage. Well he thought HEY ic ans ave money and use less electiry and go from 240 to 110. So he switched it. Needless to say well do I even need to finish. Going from 240, to 110 esp switching it well teh PC is on.

Nik00117 said:
Well this story wasn't so funny for the poor kid. Well anyways this kid has put his brand new spanking computer toghter. Very costly. Think parts were about 1,800 for him. WEll he got it up and running. Then he saw (he lived in teh UK) his PSU was at 240 the correct voltage. Well he thought HEY ic ans ave money and use less electiry and go from 240 to 110. So he switched it. Needless to say well do I even need to finish. Going from 240, to 110 esp switching it well teh PC is on.

Owned! :D But the whole pc didn't brake or did it?

lol, basically he blew the computer up, i have done that before, tell him to get a new psu, it worked for me.

David Lindon said:
Wow. Any turth in that story?

Well I think there is. Why not? This same thing actually happened to a friend of mine too. Though he was not trying to save electricity, he did it because his pc wasn't booting up properly. He had tried everything he knew, and then when he didn't know what else to do he tried this. His psu and mobo were fried. And the fun thing about his accident is that he goes to this school where they train ppl to do stuff with computers. :D(fixing them, programming etc.)

Cool, I did this once with an old computer, it was annoying me and i saw the switch on the back..I changed it, heard a bang and smoke came out the back, my dad changed the fuse and it did it to him and smoke burnt my wall, then i got a new psu, and it worked again, The day my comptuter blew up, My birthday.

Where did you find that story?

I feel sorry for the guy, computers, parts and software are hellishly expensive here.

Back
Top Bottom