Slow ..................

you could definetly try to defrag ur hard drive and do a disc cleanup...also do all the system scans like virus and spyware. Steven, yes celeron d's are better than celerons. The d is dual-core i believe, which means it might not be faster now since lots of apps and software is based on single thread but it is much more future proof from what i know.

Dishdog said:
are your sure your computer is using all your RAM. also when intels heat up they slow down to compensate for the heat.

How do I know if all my RAM is being used? I went to run and went to dxdiag and it shows all 768 MB RAM there.

All your ram is working, I had that processor, bottom line is, it's damn slow. I put a 5200 in it and it would play COD ok, but it was still slow. And I have XP pro, used to have XP home, the only difference i see is the boot up is quicker, and the toolbar holds more, but Home edition was less glitchy.

daemon said:
There could be some manufacturers programs running, some stuff that u will prolly never use. U could try and remove these.

I removed alot of CRAP, I still need to do a defrag and system scan.

BUT After I removed the junk I will never use or even look at I get an error saying some program can not find (i forget the name) .dll

I was going to go to that .dll download site and get it but I have no idea where to place it. Not to mention I have no idea what program is requesting it.

Thanks
Dave

BigLu said:
All your ram is working, I had that processor, bottom line is, it's damn slow. I put a 5200 in it and it would play COD ok, but it was still slow. And I have XP pro, used to have XP home, the only difference i see is the boot up is quicker, and the toolbar holds more, but Home edition was less glitchy.

Do you think it would be alot faster/worth it to put another processor in it?

Its a dell computer btw. (previously I had an emachine and when I tried to change things inside {other then ram} the thing went nuts. Like it had to have x,y and z orginal parts)

1-Also Celerons benefit from a 7200 rpm hard drive.

2-
aRE CELERON DS BETTER THAN CELERON?

Celeron Ds have double the L2 cache of Celeron, and they run at 533 fsb
instead of 400 fsb...

Back
Top Bottom